Friday, August 17, 2012

Mission Appeals: St. Paul and St. Thomas More

Wow!

So much news to share, and so many wonderful people to thank - I don't know where to begin.  At any rate, a big thank you to all of you who donated to Project Alto this year - we will certainly be able to do the renovations of Mary Magdalene House.  I have arranged a meeting with Rosa this week (tomorrow in fact), who will be helping us move forward with renovation plans.

First - a big thank you to Ecclesia and all the participants this year.  What a great group of young people excited about evangelization!  Several of the participants expressed interest in coming to Brazil to help us with our mission - I can't wait to bring you down here to get to work serving the poor.

Second - a big thank you to Fr. Pius, Deacon Bernard, Brenda, all the parishioners at St. Paul's Parish in Smithville, Texas, and our own mission team David Hall, Bill Krautter, and Br. Gabriel Maria.  Your joy and generosity are a great source of comfort and help.  Here are some photos:

Last - but certainly not least! - It was so moving for me to be able to present our appeal to St. Thomas More Catholic Church in Austin, Texas, so close to where I grew up.  I was also moved and encouraged by your generosity and kind words, and your financial contributions will definitely help us move forward on Project Alto and the renovations of Mary Magdalene House.  Special thanks to Fr. Isadore, Fr. Wade, and Fr. Mike Sis, to Sue and Steve, and to our mission team at St. Thomas More Lourdes Vargas and Mary Ellen Krautter.  Words can not express how much of an impact this will have on our community!  Here is a video of the appeal (and transcript), and some photos my mother took:




In my next post I put some pictures of the baking equipment fr. Ireneu acquired while I was in the USA (what we will be using to teach baking skills to the children and young people of Alto).  I'll also give an update on where Rosa and I are with the plans for Alto.

Please stay in touch!  Comment or send me a message and let me know if you have any questions or prayer intentions!

Blessings,
Br. Francis Therese Krautter

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the Brothers and all who made the Mission Appeal a success!

    ReplyDelete