Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Class is in session!


Hello Friends and country men, I’m here to tell the tale of my new exciting adventure in the Favela…
It seems like the dream of finishing this house is almost complete, it’s a dream that is finally coming to fruition, it has been a slow process, but slow and steady always wins the race.
















 “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will fish for people.” 
Photo
Its funny how this “Faith in God” thing works, I came to Brazil because I wanted to help people, as a nurse. The Brazilian government said "no!" Brother Francis Therese said "just come to Brazil.” I became a carpenter, and now I have become a English Teacher in the Favela. I pray that I teach them well. God be with me!

Photo

This month has been somewhat a trying month for me, World Youth Day gave me such hope, such energy to do so much, but it also gave me, what the Brazilians say, “saudades.” Saudades for my family, saudades for my friends, saudades for everything that was not in Brazil; and this is bad. I have since then closed my facebook, I will open it again, but I need to focus on the mission. WYD was awesome, but it made me miss Laredo, TX.



We finally have another missionary Eduar, I think that's how you pronounces his name. Finally we have someone on the team till March.  Its good to see a new missionary that has elected to stay in Salvador for a good while and to call Salvador a home.


 We still continue to fight the good fight, one soul at a time..






1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post as always, dear Leo!!!
    I keep you and all your work there in my prayers!
    God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete