Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Goodbyes and New Beginnings :)


Hello everyone! This is my last post saying goodbye as a missionary of St. John in Brazil.  The Lord has blessed me with a year of hard work and prayer that I now hold in my heart forever. I thank everyone who helped make this possible.


Saying my goodbyes to my students at my farewell party in the Mary Magdalene house. 
Not an easy thing to do! :(


My kids wrote heartfelt notes on the board. 
Volte Sempre Gaby! Come Back Always!



Our last dinner all together visiting our friend Silmara's new home.



Taking our last picture with my Irma Dulce's students where I gave adult English classes.


And what is happening now?



Well before leaving we invited people from the area to take part of our mission. We showed the video below to give them an idea of what we do. Now you can see it too!


<3



Since our volunteer meeting Sonia has been helping with Arts and Crafts. 


Gabriel, our music teacher, has been travelling on a pilgrimage with his entire family since his brother, Br. John Paul, took his final vows in France last week.  This is a picture of them in Rome. Congratulations Br. John Paul and thank you for giving your life to God in a such a beautiful way.


I want to give a shout out to Fr. Francis Therese for all of his hard work and dedication in the Alto Mission.  I couldn't have done it without him. 


 He recently went to the Holy Land on a pilgrimage with Eagle Eye Ministries. Above are a few highlights to enjoy.  He will be spending the rest of the summer in the States helping out in various Eagle Eye events.


Meanwhile in Brazil Kevin and Kara are giving classes to the kids and giving all they got!




Here are the kids preparing for Pentecost Sunday!




This is a short video I took walking to silent prayer on the day I left. It's special because it was in silent prayer and specifically in this chapel that I learned to give my heart to Him. It's difficult to describe everything that has happened this past year but one thing I know for sure is I tasted the goodness of the Lord and there is no going back now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment